Skip to content
Objectives of the IEDCs:
- To act as an institutional mechanism for providing various services including information on all aspects of enterprise building to budding S&T entrepreneurs.
- To create Entrepreneurial culture in the Parent Institution and other institutions in the region and to promote the objectives of NSTEDB, including programmes related to women and weaker sections of the society.
- To inculcate a culture of innovation driven entrepreneurship through student projects.
- To catalyse and promote development of S&T knowledge-based enterprises and promote employment opportunities in the innovative areas.
- To respond effectively to the emerging challenges and opportunities both at national and international level relating to SMEs and micro enterprises.
Functions of IEDCs:
- To organise Entrepreneurship Awareness Camps, Entrepreneurship Development Programmes, Faculty Development Programmes and Skill Development Programmes in the college/institution for the benefit of S&T persons.
- To initiate five innovative student projects each year for new innovative product development.
- To organize Business Plan Competitions every year.
- To guide and assist prospective entrepreneurs on various aspects such as preparing project reports, obtaining project approvals, loans and facilities from agencies of support system, information on technologies, etc.
- To arrange interaction with entrepreneurs and create a mentorship scheme for student entrepreneurs.
- To facilitate creation of entrepreneur’s club in each college to foster culture of entrepreneurship amongst students
- To act as a Regional Information Centre on business opportunities, processes, technologies, market, etc. by creating and maintaining relevant data bases.
- IEDCs would also sensitise the management of the institutions regarding the importance of entrepreneurship and integrate their activities with the Host Institutions.