Program Educational Objectives(PEOs)
The educational objectives are long term goals set for our students. The Bachelor of Engineering specialised in Civil Engineering has three educational objectives. Our programs are designed to prepare students for achieving these objectives after four to five years of their graduation.
Graduate Civil Engineers will be able:
- PEO1 To plan and develop prosperous career in the modern multidisciplinary sectors of the engineering and/or higher studies by gaining knowledge in basic sciences and engineering.
- PEO2 To analyse and design civil engineering structures and processes keeping in view societal needs and responsibility towards sustainable development.
- PEO3 To demonstrate professionalism, teamwork and interpersonal skills and adhere to modern scientific advancement in the field of civil engineering by continuous learning.
PROGRAM OUTCOMES (POs)
After successful completion of the program, a student will be able to:
- Engineering Knowledge – Apply knowledge of Basic sciences & engineering to civil engineering problems.
- Problem Analysis – Design and conduct real life problem solving experiments and thereby analyse and interpret the obtained data to provide suitable solution.
- Design/development of Solutions – Analyse and design civil engineering structures and processes according to desired specifications and requirements.
- Conduct investigations of complex problems – Identify, formulate and investigate the complex civil engineering problems using latest civil engineering research literature and practical knowledge.
- Modern Tool Usage – Recognize modern engineering techniques and advanced software tools to analyse civil engineering problems.
- The engineer and society – Understand the impact of an engineer in general and civil engineer in particular on safety, health, legal and cultural issues.
- Environment and Sustainability – Understand the need and impact of civil engineering solutions on environment and its sustainability.
- Ethics – Take professional decision with a sense of ethical responsibility.
- Individual and team work – Demonstrate and work in multidisciplinary projects with social responsibility and professional ethics.
- Communication – Communicate effectively and design documentation.
- Project Management and Finance – Use Best management practices for construction and maintenance of infrastructural projects.
- Life-Long Learning – Adopt to lifelong learning process in the continuously changing technological scenario.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs):
PSO1: Professional skills – The ability to analyse and design civil engineering structures as per the guidelines in Indian standards and other relevant codes like buildings, bridges, tunnels ,railways, airports, water and sewage treatment plants etc.
PSO2: Problem solving skills – The ability to managed large infrastructural projects by making use of latest techniques of project management for optimum utilisation of resources viz man, material and money.
PSO3: Successful career and Entrepreneurship – Strong desire to acquire modern scientific knowledge by pursuing higher studies, which will lead them to identify problems in the civil engineering domains and thereby become entrepreneur to propose solution.