Programme Educational Objectives(PEO)
PEO-1: To enable graduate to analyze and solve Electronics Engineering problems by applying basic principles of mathematics, science, and engineering in order to use modern engineering techniques, skills and tools to fulfill societal needs.
PEO-2: To enable graduate to achieve employment in Electronics, Communication and IT related industries with sound position and livelihood.
PEO-3: To enable graduates to innovate, design and develop hardware and software components.
PEO-4: To build strong fundamental knowledge amongst student to pursue higher education and continue professional development in Electronics & interdisciplinary fields and develop self-reliance and independent learning skills.
- Masters students of this program have ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, sciences and engineering to Electronics and Telecommunication problems.
- Post graduate students gain an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data.
- Learners of this program built an ability to design a system, component, devices, or process to meet desired needs.
- Masters students of this program have an ability to function on multi-disciplinary teams and also as an individual for solving issues of Electronics and Telecommunication.
- Learners of this program have an ability to identify, formulate, and solve Engineering problems by applying mathematical foundations, algorithmic principles, and Electronics and Telecommunication theory in the modelling and design of Electronics systems in a way that demonstrates comprehension of the tradeoffs involved in design choices.
- Post graduates have an ability to communicate effectively orally and in writing and also understanding of professional and ethical responsibility.
- Develop an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering EDA tools necessary for Electronics and Telecommunication practices.
- Learners of this program have an ability to evaluate Electronics and Telecommunication Engineering problems with cost effectiveness, features, user friendliness etc. to cater needs for product development.
- Igniting master’s students to peruse inventive concept to provide solutions to industrial, social or nation problem.
- Masters of this program generate an ability to identify, inspect, analyze, interpret and communicate research results.
- Post graduates recognize the need and an ability to engage in life-long learning and knowledge of contemporary issues.
- Masters of this program put on the broad education necessary to understand the impact of Electronics and Telecommunication solutions in a global, economic, environmental, and societal prospective.
Course Outcomes (COs)
|First Year of M.E. (VLSI & Embedded Systems)
|Title of Course and its Code
|Digital CMOS Design(504201)
|On completion of the course, student will be able toUnderstand the fundamentals of CMOS Technology in Digital Domain
|On completion of the course, student will be able toExplore the skills of designing digital VLSI
|On completion of the course, student will be able toDemonstrate the ability of using EDA tools in IC Design
|Understand the concept of reconfigurable computing and its integration on computing platforms
|Design, implement and analyze reconfigurable systems in the recent application domains using HDL
|Use advanced EDA tools to simulate and synthesize HDL codes for reconfigurable architectures
|Embedded System Design(504203)
|Design ARM Processor based Embedded Systems
|Carry out programming in Embedded programming in C, C++
|Port Linux operating system and device drivers
|Understand attributes of functional units of Network Protocol
|Outline research problem, its scope, objectives and errors
|Understand basic instrumentation schemes and its data collection methods
|Learn various statistical techniques
|Develop model and can predict the performance of experimental system
|Write research proposals of their own domain
|Wireless Sensor Network (Elective I)(504205)
|Gain knowledge of Architecture of WSN network
|Understand Physical, Data link and Network layer aspects with their protocols
|Learn different techniques of power management and security
|Exhibit the knowledge of operating systems in WSN systems
|Analog CMOS Design(504207)
|Understand design concepts and issues of CMOS amplifiers
|Learn different Compensation techniques
|Acquire the knowledge of designing of HF and Low Noise Amplifiers
|System on Chip(504208)
|Learn Design flow graphs and flow modeling
|Understand SoC modeling and interfacing
|Gain knowledge of SoC memory system design, embedded software and energy management techniques for SoC design, SoC prototyping, verification, testing and physical design
|Design , implement and test SoC
|Embedded Automotive Systems(504209)
|Understand the fundamentals of different Automotive Systems
|Learn utility of sensors and instrumentation in vehicle systems
|Design control system for various vehicular modules
|Acquire knowledge of various automotive protocols
|Provide technical embedded solutions for the development of automotive Systems
|Embedded Signal Processor Architectures (Elective II)(504210)
|Designing system with linear filters using DFT
|Develop technical abilities of designing any applications with FIR and IIR filters
|Port algorithms on DSP Processor Platforms
|Design Adaptive filters
|Analyze filter structures
|Second Year of M.E. (VLSI & Embedded Systems)
|Testing and Verification of VLSI Circuits(604201)
|Accept challenges in VLSI Testing at different abstraction levels
|Understand fault models for generation of test vectors
|Calculate observability and controllability parameters of circuit
|Enhance testability of a circuit
|Use simulation techniques for designing and testing of VLSI circuits
|Identify characteristics of verification methods
|Understand concepts and techniques of ASIC modeling and synthesis
|Perform static timing analysis, delay estimation and synchronization
|Learn ASIC Construction and testing techniques
|Analyzed concepts and methods from ecological and physical sciences and their application in environmental problem solving.
|Appreciated the ethical, cross-cultural, and historical context of environmental issues and the links between human and natural systems.
|Understood the transnational character of environmental problems and ways of addressing them, including interactions across local to global scales.
|Appllied systems concepts and methodologies to analyze and understand interactions between social and environmental processes.
|Reflected critically about their roles and identities as citizens, consumers and environmental actors in a complex, interconnected world.
Program Specific Outcomes (PSOs)
At the end of program, the Postgraduate students will able to PSO-01 Problem Solving Skills: To apply advanced concepts of VLSI and Embedded systems in providing optimized solutions to industrial and socio-commercial problems.
PSO-02 Research Skills:
To understand the research gap in existing technologies related to VLSI and Embedded systems and able to provide systematic approach which may becomes State of the art.